Dividend at Half Time 2022

I was just going into details of the spreadsheet that i am using to track my portfolio. I am using the one provided by Investment Moat. Thanks for that! It is actually pretty powerful and i have been using it for years but never really explore the functionality. So according to the tracker, I have collected around 27k of dividends by the end of June 2022. 

If the world doesnt suddenly decide to self implode, i should be on track to get at least 60k of dividends by the end of the year. I have added alot more dividend shares since the last dividend round.  The first time i dabbled into stock was in 2008. Just prior to collapse of Lehman brothers. At that time, i bought mainly the so called blue chip stocks. Not much on dividend stocks. It was only in 2014 that i started on the strategy of collecting dividends as I know I suck at trading.   The first blue bar is year 2014.  My first dividend stock was SPH and then first REIT was Suntec, followed by CRTC which is the predecessor of CapitaLand China Trust now. This and AIMs have followed me throughout the last 8 years. 

As you can see the dividend has been increasing year on year until 2019, there was a slight dip. That was due to the trade war beginning in 2H 2018. I reduced my portfolio.  2020 was the Covid year.  On hindsight, i shouldn't have sold those stocks as they recovered as soon as they crashed. I spoke about this in previous post. Every time I thought I can be a hot shot investor, to sell first and buy back later, i always missed the boat. I did the same with crypto as well. Sadly.  

Anyway, the last bar is year 2022 at the half war mark, now.  My projection is at least 60k. 5k a month as what i mentioned here back in May.  The plan is to cap my spending at 4k and reinvest the balance to ensure my portfolio continues to grow while I am in my mini retirement, sabbatical, career break or whatever you want to call it. 

The 1 thing that i am really excited about is the potential recovery of Ali Ba Ba. If you have been reading my blog, you will know that I have a big chunk of Alibaba.  No, i am not shilling the stock, nor do I have the clout to do it. I just feel that it is severely undervalued and perhaps the time is right for it to raise back to where it should be. 

At 1 point, i was staring at 50k lost on it. Currently it is at 27k profit at time of writing this post. So as what Ronan Keating will say, life is a roller coaster. So is the stock market. 





Comments

  1. 5K minus 4K, you are left with 1K for reinvest or repurpose, but you did not mentioned CPF contribution, I guess your house must have paid off and the CPF minimum sum is met?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to say that house is fully paid, along with the car that still has 5 years on the COE. I just checked my CPF, I am still 40k from the Enhanced Retirement Sum. However, i will rejoin the rat race when time is ripe and the opportunity is there.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts