Going into 4th month of FIRE


This post could potentially cause another small saga as I might be deemed as financially reckless. 🤯 We are now into Q4 of 2022 and the final stretch! It's also the 4th month of my FIRE journey. In early September, I did a review of the goals I wish to achieve. Happy to say I have completed most of the goals except for working out. I passed my realtor exam (whew!) and started an IG account. Things like spending time with family and spending within budget are on going goals, so I didnt cross them off. 

The 1 thing that I didnt talk about is I have a plan to apply for an EC since I am not working, we are comfortably under the 16k salary cap . EC is an asset class that I have been targeting for a long time but not within our reach as we have always been over the salary cap. It's really a conflicting feeling. It's good to be over the salary cap but you miss out on the EC. It's actually not that good to be under the salary cap, but you have a chance to get your hands on the EC. What this means is I will have to move from traditional FIRE to barista FIRE, but I am already "working" as a realtor anyway for the past 1 month though it's mostly going through the trainings and what not. So technically, I am my own first client. LOL.  Anyway, let's see how the balloting go. I may end up having a crap number anyway. 

For my foreign friends. EC = Executive Condos that are subsidised by the government (hence the salary cap). Price is lower than a normal private Condominium. There's no difference in terms of facilities, but there are certain caveats with regards to when the buyer is allowed to sell and what not. 

Comments

  1. Why is wrong with an HDB flat?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, nothing wrong with a HDB flat. I started with a BTO as well. Everyone has 2 chances to get subsidized housing. Dont waste it.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Nah, luck plays a big part as there's a quota for second timer, plus demand outstrip supply by maybe 3-4 times.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts