Keep Calm and Carry On in the midst of the turmoil


As soon as I wrote my previous entry yesterday, I felt something isnt quite right. Stomach felt bloated and I seem to be running a fever.  True enough, it became a full scale diarrhea. Ironically I just talked about missing complimentary health care from work. Had to go see a doctor together with the wife who has the same symptoms. Fortunately the kids are spared and also I am covered under the wifey's company insurance! What a leecher I am. haha. 

We most likely got it from the soft boiled eggs we ate at the food court. Another ironic thing was I told the kids that they are too young for it, and they may get stomach problems if they eat soft boiled eggs. They were pretty disappointed. When I told the eldest one at night that I am having stomach issues, he was like " I think it is because of the eggs".  That made me laugh a little. 

So here we are, after 11 days of dealing with sick child, now we are sick ourselves. Quite a bummer actually, I was looking forward to re starting my workout/cycling but as I said it very frequently in the blog, such is life. Cest La Vie. We cant control everything. Somethings are bound to deviate from plan. If we keep dwelling over it, we will just continue to dig ourselves into a deeper hole and never get out of it. 

This is my mantra for alot of things nowadays, including how I deal with my investment. Ill look at it everyday but I will not really stress about it as long as I know that I am buying into solid companies. For example Singtel and Kepcorp. I bought them when the world was in complete doldrums back in 2020. Temasek also back out of a deal for Keppel, but I kept buying into the dip. I guessed some people commented that I was catching a falling knife. In the end, it pays off. 

I realized I am doing the same thing now for Alibaba, I just bought another 700 shares yesterday. Hopefully in a year or 2, I will have a bountiful harvest. I am not saying this is the way to go for everyone but it works for me, so ill stick to it for now. As they say, many ways to skin a cat! Find 1 that suits you!

Keep calm and carry on!

Comments

  1. Hi Happy RI, hope you and your wife are much better now and recovered from the food poisoning episode...think you need to stay away from half boil eggs for now and only take hard boil version wor.

    Coincidentally, I also went in to grab some shares of Alibaba albeit at a smaller scale of 100 shares earlier this week (ran out of cash for now)....haha. I also hope it turns out well in a year or two...Alibaba share price has been in doldrum for quite a long period...haiz.

    Take care and have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha thanks. Im abit scared to see eggs now. Lol. Yeah, we just need have abit more patience with regards to ali.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts