Make time for yourself amidst all the hustle and bustle.



This says make time for your kids, but it can always be make time for something/someone you love, or for yourself. 2nd week of work done.

Alot of people were puzzled with my decision to take 2 steps back in terms of my career progression, but at the same time a lot of people commented that I look "good". I gathered that means I look refresh and at ease with my own decision.

I saw the post from @kopi_dreamer with regards to choosing more money or sacrificing on career progression for better work life balance.

At my current stage of life, I will chose the latter. Every, single, time.

The logic is very simple. The world is no longer my oyster. Even if i slogged my guts out for the next 10 years or something, I dont think I will ever break into the executive management level. So what's the point?

Even If I have another 40% in pay increment (with 200% more stress), I dont think there will be a big difference in my life. Simply said, the passion that I used to have for work to strive for success and career progression is no longer there. Now, the only passion I have is to live my life the way I want it. Priorities in life have changed.

Comments

  1. Since you choose latter, why did you go back to work?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Easy actually, I found a job that pays relatively well and doesnt eat into time with my family. Doesnt make sense to push it away.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts