My Investment Mantra

 




Was working on some ad materials on canva when I saw this template. It resonates with me in terms of how I invest.

The investment journey is never a bed of roses. Likewise as a realtor. Most of the time you only see the positive news in order to attract followers on social media. I dont think many people will be posting about their lost.

Many people asked why do I stick to REITs for the longest period of time, and why do I only invest mostly in SGX stocks. Not entirely true, because I do dabble in other things nowadays. I like REITs because it works for me and also I have always been interested in real estate.

Going through my investment lost in the past 15 years, these are the 3 major lost I suffered.

2013- $25,000 from tiger airways. Bought it at peak but the budget carrier suffered alot of setback along the way, including soaring fuel price and grounded in australia. Share price didnt move up and got delisted in 2016 at a price lower than my selling price. It still feels like yesterday when this happened. I also realised all my transport related investment lost money. Call me superstitious, I stopped buying into transportation stocks related stocks entirely up till today.

2017-2021 - $70,000. Crypto related. At 1 point I was up with a 6 digit profit but I was greedy and I went into FOMO mode, day trading, panic selling and etc. Decided that crypto is not for me. Too exciting.

2020 - $50,000. I bought a $250,000 perp bond on recommendation from my broker. Shortly after the purchase, circuit breaker happened, everything financial related crashed, again panic sold. 2 months later, price recovered. Silly me!

After 14 years, I can see the pattern of trades that caused me to lose money, basically for trades I think I can make a quick buck, I end up losing alot more as I dont understand the product enough to give me the confidence to hold through the trough period.

It's the trough again for REITs, I do have moments of weakness as well but I do hope my patience will pay off like what I did for the china related stocks for the past 8 months.

Continue investing. Dont give up on the journey, continue learning, eventually you will find a niche!

Comments

  1. Thank you for sharing.
    Coincidentally Thumb Tack Investor also shared his losses (for the past year). 2022 was not an easy year after all.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts