Nightmarish experience with META (Facebook) customer support


Or the lack of. I've been using Facebook for the longest time and there has never been a need to contact customer support, until now.

But it's not because of Facebook usage. It's for running advertisement on Facebook. It's a paid service. 

Nightmare started as soon as I got the ad running. 😂. Granted, initially it was because of how the banks think that meta charges are scams coz they charged to the card whenever it's 2.5sgd in the intial stage so it's recurring in a short time span. That was solved after a quick call to the bank.

Then I started getting random charges to my account. Instead of charging at threshold of 2.5sgd, there were small chargers like 5 cents, 10 cents, 1 dollar and what not at weird timing. On the invoice , it's indicated that I have chosen to do manual charge. However, it still looks like it's paying off the ads that I have requested to run but I wanted to know why random charges were made without me clicking the button.

This is when I realised the person replying to me is perhaps not really a person. The reply is mostly nonsensical if it's out of the norm question. It just keeps repeating, go check this link, go check that link.

One of the replies to me with regards to my question on why there was manual charge was telling me how Instagram and Facebook will charge in the same manner. Like hello? It's not even remotely linked to my question.

Upon more queries from me, suddenly meta says my account is hacked.  When I asked more questions, it's back to the pls refer to the links for more information.

They basically restricted adding payment methods to my account, so I cant pay for anything, even the amount that has been charged, to which they replied my account is locked coz I never paid money? First, it's coz I was hacked, then it's because I didn't pay? How am I supposed to pay if you removed my credit card and barred me from adding other credit cards and paypal??

Anyway, turns out Facebook has never had any customer support staffed with real people. 🤯 They are only starting to think about adding 1! I guessed with such a big customer base, they think that customers are dispensable since they didnt have much competition anyway until Tiktok comes along recently. Monopoly not good!

What about you? Do you have similar experience with Meta? Or do you have other suggestion for social media marketing? Will be happy to know!

Comments

  1. Hi, it's me...I have a spare account hacked a few years back and the hacker even hacked the security account....I managed to regain it but I can no longer login because it was disabled and the recovery account was overwritten too...I ran into exactly the same issue like you with the chatbot support...until today I still cannot access to that account so I gave up :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha my account finally got unlocked through a friend who works in meta. He sent an internal request. 5 mins later, it's unlocked. Very disgusting how meta works.

      Delete
  2. A few years back I tried Amazon FBA selling, and in the process tried Facebook advertising. BTW the FBA thingy did not work out.
    I did not go much into it (Facebook advertising). Although it is targeted (you get to choose the demographic, profile, etc) of the audience; but somehow I think one can bled a lot (of money) if not familiar.

    There is this portion in this article: https://stackedhomes.com/editorial/property-agent-income-breakdown/#gs.elinjh

    To quote: "The last marketing cost that I tried (and failed) was Facebook marketing.
    Again, I wasn't well versed in social media marketing at that point - so after 3 months it was money down the drain."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that is true. Alot give up half way. Luck plays a big part as well sometimes. Some people manage to close their first lead. Some people dont close until the 100th lead. Its definitely not for the faint hearted~ I am just slowly dipping into it until i close my first sale, then ill recycle the proceeds to more marketing. but appreciate the heads up.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts