My Salary History - Not Very Sexy Now :)



Hi everyone, how's it going? Been a while since my last post as I was really busy with my kids and also my new found hobby, aka my real estate business, albeit a money bleeding one. lol. Anyway that deserve a post by itself.


Thanks to @themoneyloaf and @centsofindependence for tagging me these few days. That reminded me perhaps it's time for a new post.

I've been seeing a few posts with regards to Salary History. Frankly speaking, I have been avoiding that trend as I have nothing to show. lol. I have zero work salary now. Not very sexy isnt it? Haha.

This is based on 12 months of monthly salary, not including CPF contribution, AWS , Bonus or other allowances if any. So just pure monthly fixed salary. 2008 is based on 5 months of work, 2022 is based on 6 months of work.

I finally touched the 150k per annum ceiling back in 2021 after 13 years of work.

Upon knowing what I was earning, alot people commented that it's a pity that I gave up on my package. To say the truth, I find it a pity as well, but if you ask me if I have regretted it, I dont think so. Not sure about the future, but certainly not at the moment.

For everyone who recently followed by IG or blog, yeap, I am currently surviving on my dividends of approximately 5k per month. I have 2 kids and my wife is still gainfully employed. When I quit, we lost 60% of the household work income.

I live in Singapore, some say 1 of the most expensive country in the world. Through my sharing, I hope that it gives everyone a little more courage in your FIRE path.

I wasnt born with a silver spoon, in fact I was the other end of the spectrum. I was living in a rental 1 room flat , barely above the poverty line. Kudos to my parents who didnt give up in providing us with an university education.

I was also a mediocre student but I worked really hard in the first 10 years of my career. Not that I start to slack off after 2018. Things changed when the first kid arrived. It gives you a new perspective in life.

So here I am, 2 kids and FIRE(d), with a fully paid apartment and car. If I can do it, so can you.

Comments

  1. Definitely a huge positive inspiration for many, and I'm one of them!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know there are people who are inspired by my experience. you are not too far from your goal !

      Delete
  2. I reckon we all know it is not easy to leave full employment with regular income. And it is an achievement to be able to FIRE with 2 kids and dividend income of $5k a month. Well, don't beat yourself too hard the real estate business / hobby, takes time and a bit of luck. If there is result in some method just work towards it, from spray and pray to more focussed marketing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wondering. Based on the 60% that you have mentioned, your pay should be higher than your wife. Why you quit instead of she quit? In the way, household income will be higher.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interested to know your journey to grow your portfolio to 1+Mil even when the market is crashing. Maybe there are something I could learn more from you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took close to 10 years to build the portfolio..

      Delete
    2. Thanks for sharing. Yeah, 10 years to build 1+Mil portfolio is possible with the mentioned salary. I still have another 6 years to go since I started to plan my batista FIRE journey. Looking forward for your sharing and ideas exchange.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts