Dodged a bullet


Earlier this month, I made some changes to the allocation of my portfolio. Sold all my growth stocks that are still in the green. 1 of them was AEM, a chip maker. I held it since 2020. Since I sold it, it has went down another 21%. Guessed I dodged a bullet there. Pretty glad about it though it accounts for less than 2% of my portfolio. The other growth stocks also moved lower around 2-5% since then.  As for the REITs that I bought in, mainly the 3 covid brothers ( the endearment that I gave them due to the timing of their IPO), CLCT and KepOak. The price has stagnated since then. Which is good I guessed? Price staying stagnant is definitely better than dropping. 

I am hoping the negativity of rising interest rate has been more or less priced into the REITs, so going forward, the drop will be less intense. Some of the REITs are going with ridiculously high yield, but of coz we have to factor in the rising interest rates to get a sense of the future yield going forward. 

Comments

  1. congrats! sadly the mapletrees and frasers reits are still being dumped like there's no tomorrow, lol...(me smilingly bleeding)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts