What I disliked about my previous job in the Oil & Gas Industry

 


I cracked my head thinking about what I disliked about my previous job, I actually cant really think of too many. Besides the usual office politics, weak team mates, weird bosses grouse that exist in every industries, there’s only 1 thing I can think of.

1. Travels. ALOT of travels. Weird isn't it? This was what I liked about my job nature but eventually at different stage of life, it just doesn't fit in anymore. Before children (BC), it was great to be travelling to say Glasgow for a week for a meeting, then hop over to Paris just to say hi to the team that I was working with but never really met. This reminds me of a chinese proverb. 水能载舟 亦能覆舟。In direct translation, it meant the “boat can be carried by the water, but water can also overturn it.” In the end, it’s 1 of the things I like about this career that ended it. How ironic.


Comments

  1. True... sometimes the traits and factors that attracted you in the first place, may very well become the push factor in the end when circumstances change... I suppose that's part of life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too much of a good thing! Moderation is key as always

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts