1st day of unemployment - Anything special?

This is not a very shares/financial related post. 

Ok, technically this is my 4th unemployed stint. However, I have another job waiting for the previous 3 times. The previous 3 times, I merely started the next job a few weeks after my last day. This time around, I quit "naked". Time flies. I served my full 3 months of notice period as I have utmost respect for my boss. I shared this news in this post back in May, around 1.5 months after I have submitted my resignation letter.  For those who are curious why I decided to do so can have a look at this post.  TLDR, I want to spend more time with my kids and also to refocus my life in terms of work. If you ask me how do I feel today? Ill say it is extremely liberating , but daunting at the same time. 

I woke up at 5am today, which is around the same time every day as my little daughter's wake time is like clock work. After sending both of them to day care, I had some time to touch up on my son's art work. It is a train made of recyclable material! Those paper are scrap from previous art work, if you are wondering. This is how it looks like!

Choo Choo Train!

I bought more Elite Commercial REIT and Prime US REIT as mentioned in my previous post.  Ive also decided to track my expenses "properly" since now I have alot of free time.  If you are curious, let me know, I will share it after i have sufficient data. I already have all my fixed cost identified. 

I went for a ride after my stocks purchase to kick start my health regime, actually I've started it 2 weeks ago.  Had 2 punctures along the way but i only had 1 inner tube! What a way to start my unemployment! Fortunately my wife is still WFH, so she was my personalized support, she drove and brought me 2 more inner tubes and the electronic pump. The electronic pump is great but its too bulky to lug around. I am actually getting really good at changing the inner tubes. I used to take more than 30 minutes to change the tube. This time around, it took me around 15 mins. As I sat at the bus stop surfing Tik Tok,  waiting for my wife to arrive, 3 kind souls stopped and offer to help. Who says Singapore is a place lacking in compassion? I had to tell them several times to say I am good before they actually went off. I am seriously touched by that!


Sad looking inner tubes

Came back and clean the house. I like squeaky clean floor. We have a part time helper who does cleaning on friday and I will clean it again after the weekend. After 2 days with the kids around, the house gets dirty really easily. haha. 

By the time I had my lunch, more than half of the day has gone past. Ok, so i am done with writing this post and its already 25 mins to 3 pm and it's time to go fetch my daughter from day care as this is her second day at toddler. 

I actually dont really understand why do people say you will be bored without a job. I am not working and I still find that I dont have enough free time,  and i woke up at 5am, slept at 10pm!



Comments

  1. Inspiring, this is exactly what I wanted to do today because it's auspicious date (US National day :p). I actually printed and signed my letter, but changed my mind during lunch, because I am serving 1 mth notice and I wanted to enjoy the extra holiday on 9 Aug (SG National day), so I hang on 1 more week and will only hand in my letter next monday :lol:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha, its definitely worthwhile to plan the day of resignation properly. I did the same as well. I initially wanted to hand in my letter on a friday, then i realised if i hand it in the following monday, i actually get 2 more days of leave as the system prorates the leave.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Resigning to take a break is liberating eventual Retirement is a blissful n joyful occasion ๐Ÿ˜Šenjoy ๐Ÿ‘

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts