Reduced Cache and Bought More Sasseur

Reduced my holdings of Cache Logistics Trust (CLT) by 25% and recycled the capital to put into Sasseur REIT, effectively increased it by almost 3 times. I made my first purchase of CLT back in 2015. It has always been a disappointment ever since. This quarter's CLT DPU is actually better better than the previous quarter, which means it is showing signs of stabilising and things may start to look better.

However, I've decided to reduce the amount i have for CLT as i am pretty bullish on China market (Yes, despite all the trade war and the declining growth). I think most people look at the declining percentage but forgot that China's GDP is worth 12 trillion USD  back in 2017. With a 6.6% growth in 2018, it grew around 792 billion USD (All these are estimates but the order magnitude is more important).

What does this mean? It means China just grew a Saudi Arabia out of herself. That is pretty impressive! At the same time , i quote "GDP per capita rose from US$3,600 in 2007 to almost US$10,000 in 2018" (From Channelnews Asia).  Coupled with the relax of 1 child policy. I think retail is the way to go in China. 

Anyway just my thoughts.




Comments

Popular Posts