November '19 portfolio review and what happened last 1 year?

Wow, i realised it has been a year since my last entry. Shortly after my last entry, my kid decided that he was ready to see the world. My world has never been the same again every since. I have never been so tired in my life. :)

 A pity i didnt sell away the crypto in time. It was bull market last year this time. Cant say the same for now. At 1 time, my crypto portfolio was making 5x returns. Right now, it is suffering a paper lost of of more than 50%. I will continue to hold it as i do not require the money urgently. I am willing to lose what i have to bet/wait for another bull run.

My conventional portfolio has grown substantially and in a different way as well. Alot of things happened. Viva got acquired, sold Lippo in time to avoid the bribery scandal and rupiah depreciating, sold Starhill which i have kept for a long time, went into growth and defensive stocks. The most interesting thing would be using of Margin. Although i have to pay interest for the amount i used for margin buys, i reckon it will still be accretive. My blended annual yield is around 6.2% based on an extremely rough calculation (im really lazy)

Around a year and 3 days ago , referring to my post back in december last year, my holdings was around 437k.  My current holding has swelled to 767k. I am working towards a 1m dollars portfolio with a mixture of capital injection and margin. 

 In any case, everything was going well until Trump decided to go on offensive with china regarding trades. Well, there is no stopping Trump's tweet. We just have to ride it out. A good thing thing is, the post G20 dinner between both gentlemen seemed to have  gone on smoothly. At least there is no worsening of relationship between both countries. If there is a Xi-Trump dinner  market rebound, i will take the opportunity to deleverage a little and wait for better opportunities as i dont think any concrete trading agreement will be made within the next 90 days. It is just too complex. Both economies are intertwined. How do you give some and not hurt your self. Contrary to what most people think, IMHO, China may have a slight upper hand in the long run. USA being a democratic country will have to bow down to the American businesses who are hurting due to the trading squabbles (Look at GM). Chinese government will not give a flying f**k if the businesses are dying as long as the they get what they want and dont lose face. It all depends on how much they have left in the coffer to burn to continue this tug of war with the USA.

Anyway, gotta run. The little one just squeaked!




Comments

Popular Posts