Feb '17 Portfolio Review and Some


Happy CNY people! Did anyone huat big big over the festive season? I havent been posting anything as i didnt do much to my portfolio except to add USO oil fund to it. I was talking about BHG Reit in a few posts back and it turns out to be my best performing reit for the last 3 months, albeit a little lack of enthusiasm. The trading volume is always very low. It feels like it is controlled by a certain individual.  In any case, let's see what happens when the Reit announces the financial statement. Most of the Reits reported lower DPU this quarter, which is not un-expected. I'm still waiting for a good price to reduce my holding for Soilbuild and Cache. Soildbuild still has quite abit of exposure to the beleaguered marine, oil & gas sector (KTL, Beng Kuang Marine and Tellus Marine), and still no tenant for the yard vacated by Technics Offshore.

Reason why i added the USO is because i think oil wouldnt stay low for too long. When oil was close to 25 USD, i wanted to buy into the USO , however, i was too lazy to set up my W8BEN form. Damn. What a waste! Recently i learnt a new term, Contango which kinda explained why my USO fund didnt move up as the WTI price goes up. In fact, they are going different directions! I will not try to explain here, as it is pretty cheem, i still cant fully comprehend the idea, but slowly i will!

Another 'big' news in the local oil and gas industry is the possible liquidation of the oil & gas firm , Ezra holdings. The Stock halted trading for 2.5 days before coming out with an announcement which didnt tell investors much. I reckon something big is going to happen, and the annoucement was just to buy some time.  Perhaps partial liquidation (if there is such a thing), or a pure capital injection from a knight in shining armour (Which i highly doubt so), or total divestment of some of the business? Is it a Swiber in the making? Only time will tell. 

I am still waiting for Sime Darby's further update on RTO of the Saizen Reit. How come no news ah? or perhaps ive missed it? Anyway not much in my warchest now after spending it on the USO. I have made some adjustment to my personal insurance as well. I've handed in the AXA pulsar policy, suffered a lost, and will hand over another 1 by TM insurance very soon. I've decided to go with "buy term and invest the rest". Hopefully i can get sufficient coverage and get my money to work harder!

Trump finally becomes leader of the free world! Which is totally wrong. He seems to be going the protectionism route. I find his speech extremely weird. As the strongest country in the world (Economically and Military), his speech sounds like one that will be made by a weak country. He is always complaining that the US is treated unfairly! Come on!  He is sounding like a spoilt brat in class. The richest brat in class, but always crying about how john, the poor and smallest boy in class refuse to hand over his only candy to him. China is extremely quite since Trump becomes the president. I guess they are rubbing their palms of the side. 1 false move by Trump, China can take over the position of best friend of everyone in the world. Imagine China becomes best friend of Mexico. I dont think the US will be too comfortable with that. 

In any case, I'm happy that the terrexes are finally home! 

Enjoy the weekend while it lasts, people.




Comments

Popular Posts