Hourly wages

                   


So recently I was offered a managerial role by another company and the monthly salary is attractive.

However, I turned it down as to me the absolute number per month doesnt really matter. What matters to me most is how much they are paying me by the hour. I looked through my "per hour" rate for the past 15 times that my salary got revised.

What's the point of a higher monthly salary but I have to put in 30% more effort ( in terms of man hours, OT, weekends, during holidays and all). It just doesnt make sense to me anymore. I am happier to just shut my laptop at 5.00pm sharp on work days and totally ignore my laptop during non work days.

What about you? Do you also have the tendency to divide your monthly salary by the hrs of work you clocked in per month?


Comments

  1. I am with you. It doesn't make sense to work longer hours especially at the expense of things matter to us like family/hobbies ect

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apart from absolute number of hours, I think that WFH is an important consideration. On WFH days I save time not commuting, and also use WFH days as my gym/exercise days which is not so easy to do if at workplace. When I first WFH, I was amazed that my company would pay me salary to sit at home, take exercise breaks, water my house plants and whatever I wanted to do around my home. Is this what FIRE is like? (except the salary part)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now you mentioned it, yes, I didnt think about the perks of WFH. It's definitely an important consideration.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts