Goodbye and a Recap of 2022!

 


9 more days and we can say good bye to year 2022! Inspired by what I see from @centsofindependence , I have decided to do a recap of my year 2022. As I have Canva Pro (mainly for my real estate hustle), I decided to just make a simple one and I can practice using it as well. I also want to say a big thank you to @centsofindependence for being such a great help when I first started my IG account, which by the way is my first foray into IG. I was from the Facebook era.

I feel that 2022 will go down as 1 of the most important year of mankind. It is a milestone year as we emerged from the shadows of the pandemic after close to 2.5 years of borders closure, social restrictions and vaccinations. Even China, the last major economy which was steadfast about their dynamic zero policy has decided to pivot towards living with Covid. What a year.

2022 is also a special year for me as I decided to FIRE, got my RES (Real Estate Salesperson) license and ATH of dividend which gave me confidence that my plan is working despite of how the idea goes against social norms.

FIRE does not mark the end of your existence in this world. In fact, it opens up all the doors that were not accessible previously. You begin to take control of your life .

For me, RES is something that I always wanted to do and I went for it. I am grateful that I passed the exam in the first try. I am happy to say that I closed my first sale this week!

In my previous post, I mentioned that I read my first book in a long time. My main takeaway from the book is to be positive as much as possible and be grateful. Even if the "law of natural attraction" is a load of BS, there is really no harm in being positive and grateful! I wake up happier every day, I sleep better as well. Maybe it is just placebo effect but it's a mindset I want to hold on to as much as possible. Simple as it sounds, it is so powerful. A change in mindset will totally alter your perspective in life.

A big fundamental shift in my FIRE lifestyle may come after CNY next year as I rejoin the work force in a more laid back role. Real estate will become my side hustle. Not sure how it will all pan out, but I am already looking forward to it!

Comments

  1. Hi so decided to stop FIRE and return to work? Who will take care if your kid during daytime?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that is if i really end up accepting the contract. In anycase, ""FIRE" simply means that you are no longer stuck working a job that you dislike, and that you CHOOSE to work at a job, rather than being forced to." FIRE doesnt mean full retirement. The kids have been going to preschool all along.

      Delete
    2. What age are your kids now? All I preschool? Any going primary school?

      Delete
  2. Hi....it's me....so happy for you and wish you all the best in 2023....as for me....still no mood to go back to work....in fact I am wasting time in playing Diablo Immortal almost full time these period of time lol.....no choice...gaming was my hobby and I really missed it in the last 20 yrs :lol:

    ReplyDelete
  3. lo1! It's good! Do what ever that recharges you! nothing wrong with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your journey, the experiences, and the lessons learnt! I enjoy reading your blog posts. All the best for an even better 2023!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the well wishes! Hope everything is good for u now and even better in the new year!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts