You cant always get what you want in life - RES Course and Tampines North EC

In my previous post, I mentioned about wanting to get a property agent license. Everything was in place, attended the RES course while I was serving my notice period, purchased a calculator specifically for loan calculation, indicated my interest in the exam but alas I didnt get a confirmed exam slot. Sian 1/2. Everything seems to have tied in with my schedule. Final day of work was in early July and exam around late August. Plenty of time to study, but no, I received an email to say that I am on waiting list. Even though it's indicated that it is on first come first serve basis, I think they still do some profiling. 

So we had a comparison amongst the RES course mates on when did we complete our application. So it is like booking of concert tickets. Fastest finger first. At least that's the official instruction. However, we realized even though we completed within the first minute upon the application commencement, we didnt get the slot. However, there is another 1st timer course mate who was later in submission, but she/he got the confirmed slot. Why is it like this? I thought first come first serve? But at least the jobless me was put on waiting list, the rest who were gainfully employed got outright rejected.  Maybe it is just coincidence, I dont know!

Not Meant To Be

The most sian thing now is, should I still study for it? Most probably not. I really dont think I will get the slot. 

Another KPI that I want to do while I am unemployed is to ballot for the up and coming EC at Tampines North. With only my wife having a fixed salary, we will be well under the earning ceiling though our loan amount will also be impacted. If anyone has any idea when will this EC be launched, do holler! Or you have any suggestion on up coming EC launch, I want to know!

I got a feeling that this EC application will end up to be like the RES exam. I cant always get what I want,  that's life. Just need to learn to live with it and adapt. 


Comments

  1. I always enjoy reading your posts.
    Frankly, looking at the activities and the thoughts going on.... technically you don't appear 'retired'.
    All the best in your journey to getting the property agent license and the EC.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! thanks for the encouragement. I always wanted to be a property agent, but didn't have the guts to do it. A little superstitious here, but I always thought that property is my lucky charm. When it comes to investment, it is mainly the property related stocks ( developer, REITs, Contractor and etc) that i get most of my profits. Haha!

      Delete
    2. Should include a page in your blog to show your portfolio.

      Delete
    3. I used to have one but I am using google sheet, and I use it for other personal stuff, then I realise, when I share it, the other tabs can also be seen~ Maybe I am just not that good with IT. I will have another go at it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts