Typical weekday schedule since "retirement"

Picture Credits To This Article.

It's been almost a month since I left the work force. I get questions from friends and ex colleagues every now and then about what have I been doing since. For new readers to my blog, you can refer to this page about my decision to take a career break after close to 15 years of work. 

If you ask me how I feel now, all I can say is, I am so tired. Tired from all the social engagements. For some reason, the number of social gatherings went up exponentially since I left work. Alot more drinking and dining with friends. Like tonight, an ex colleague jio for gathering, I am still thinking if I should go. 

Coincidentally, a close friend of mine is on study break, so we meet up quite often during the day to explore the parks, gardens and beaches of Singapore. This, I like, it's quite relaxing and I have known this guy since secondary 1.

I reckon by August, things will start to calm down as all social gathering "obligations" have been met, and things will slow down alot. I dont profess to be a go getter kind of guy or someone with an abundance of energy, using every minute to the fullest to improve my knowledge on everything around the world. I am the everyday man, too lazy/nua to read anything useful or acquire new knowledge unless there is really a need to.  A typical day for me will most likely be like this.

0530hrs - Wake Up

0530-0730hrs - Preparing kids for School

0730-0800hrs - Sending kids to School

0800-0900hrs - Breakfast

0900-1100hrs - Cleaning the House ( Weekly affair, if not, I will go for a bicycle ride, or some HIIT session)

1100-1200hrs - Surf Net in General. 

1200-1400hrs - Lunch with Wife

1400-1500hrs - Nap? But I dont have Nap Habit. Maybe I can catch up on all the sleep debt. 

1500-1530hrs -  Surf Net in General. 

1530-1730hrs- Initially I have penciled in RES exam studying here, but I dont think I will get the slot. So maybe I will substitute this with learning how to cook? First of all, need to find the recipes!

1730-2030hrs - Kids time

2030-2200hrs - TV Time with wife

Doing more exercise and learning how to cook are in my KPIs during my career break. As and when  I finally get my RES exam slot, then that will really fill up my day. Who says not working will be boring? I definitely don't think so!

Do you guys have any workout tips (especially for tummy. I have skinny limbs but flabby tummy) or cooking recipes to share? Fire them this way!

Comments

  1. Hi, stalker here, looking at your schedule and looking at mine (in my typical rest day)

    0645hrs - Wake Up
    0715-0745hrs - Sending kid to School
    0800-0900hrs - Breakfast
    0900-1200hrs - Surf Net or trade. (lucky for me, house chore only required in weekend)
    1200-1300hrs - Lunch
    1300-1500hrs - Surf Net or trade.
    1530-1730hrs - pick up kid from school.
    1730-2030hrs - Dinner and TV time with family
    2030-1200hrs - Surf Net or gaming

    Indeed, not sure why I still find my self do not have enough time for other thing, like going exercise or go out walk walk, wondering what was amist here? :lol:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh hi! The house cleaning is only a once a week thing. So it's not that bad. Looking at your schedule, you have 5 hrs of surf net or trade and 3.5 hrs of Surf net or gaming! Haha, Maybe that's the answer to your question?

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts